Ockham wrote:Hello guys,
I have been training muay thai for about 6 months now, and I am fairly proficient. This summer I have injured my knee while jogging. I have been having slight knee trouble since I was conscripted in the army in 08/09. The pain is not _inside_ the knee, but below the knee cup (not sure what the correct term is), where the shin bone meets the knee.
So the question is simple:
What are good strength exercises to strengthen the knee?
Thanks for any help :)
I did this exercise that was prescribed to me by a knee specialist. But I think such resolutions are on a case by case basis.
I can't supply videos or a pictures so I will be as clear as I can about this:
1. Lay on the floor and I suggest doing this in front of the TV for it can get boring so a pillow behind your head won't hurt.
2. Bend one leg so the knee is pointing towards the ceiling.
3. With the leg that is straight, raise it slowly till it's at the height of knee of the bent leg and hold for 3 seconds.
4. Lower it to the ground but don't let it touch the ground.
5. Repeat for 10 reps.
6. Do the previous listed with the other leg.
7. Continue this till you did 3 sets with each leg.
As the exercise gets easier get ankle weights. Do increments of 1 to 2lbs at a time till it gets easy. I was up to 10lbs before I just stopped for it healed the issue I was having.