Wife having issues with weight

Ask strength and conditioning questions or share your knowledge.
Nightstalker32

Wife having issues with weight

Postby Nightstalker32 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Hey guys ,my wife has been struggling with many issues relating to her weight. There's more to it ( anxiety, stress etc ) but she also is having a hard time organizing a plan she'll use. She won't use barbells with me and won't follow the plans I give her.

Is there anything your spouses etc do on a daily that seemed to work ?

bigdaddy

Re: Wife having issues with weight

Postby bigdaddy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:09 pm

My wife has had great success going low-carb. She has back trouble (one surgery already and another soon), but she does those dance video games on her Nintendo Wii for workouts. She did Weight Watchers for a few years (w/good results) and is now in a group called "TOPS".

I wish your wife good luck!
" I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me"- Phi. 4:13

"See there? You give somebody a rap in the beezer you get some respect"

"Drop death right on its ass"-Mr.Mean

The Hansenator

Postby The Hansenator » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:24 pm

My wife likes the group classes at the local YMCA. She does spinning and boot camp type stuff and sticks to it several days per week.

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:30 pm

My wife has been lean her whole life and within 5-10 lbs of the same weight for the 22 years I've known her.

She loves running and runs often. She just runs for fun, but probably winds up running 20-30 miles per week. There's nothing like running for burning calories. She goes rock climbing on the weekends in the summer, and skiing in the winter. She's a very high level skier.

For diet, again she doesn't do this deliberately, but she winds up practicing intermittent fasting. Never eats breakfast, eats a moderate lunch and a very small dinner. She often skips dinner. On the weekends she may have 1 or 2 big meals. I say she eats like a snake. She basically takes in one big meal per week and nibbles the rest of the week.

I used to think she was nuts but the latest research supports what she does. The world has kind of come around to her way of doing things. Good thing because she's stubborn af and doesn't change shit for anyone.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Of course, the old saying holds true. Abs are made in the kitchen.

I myself am a mountain runner with 20-30 miles and 4000-8000 ft of vertical gain per week in the summer. If I'm not careful about what I eat, I'll be a fat mountain runner. It's happened before. You can out-eat a 3000 calorie daily burn if, like me, you love food.

So the very first thing is a disciplined diet. Everyone has a different way of getting there. Calorie tracking, intermittent fasting, "No S diet", whatever. Just control your diet first.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

Return to “Strength and Conditioning”