How Not To Bench Press

Ask strength and conditioning questions or share your knowledge.
s4lnj

Re: How Not To Bench Press

Postby s4lnj » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:00 am

in the last video what the hell is up with him taking 10-15 second pauses at the top-- i thaught my video froze untill i saw the guy come in next to him.
The story of the human race is the story of men and women selling themselves short.----Abraham Maslow

http://www.scarred4liferacing.com

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 am

s4lnj wrote:in the last video what the hell is up with him taking 10-15 second pauses at the top-- i thaught my video froze untill i saw the guy come in next to him.

Yeah but what got me was him doing the limbo dance routine of wriggling like a fish under the bar as if he was trying to get underneath it ~Now, that's funny~

Skinsfan28

Postby Skinsfan28 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:15 am

You guys are way off base. The gym obviously doesn't have dumbells, but he still wants to isolate each arm. So he just benches with is right arm for sets and then benches with his left side for sets. The pause at the top is a secret Russian technique for strengthening the elbows, I believe it's called the Bolshevik lockout. He has also added the Ukrainian twist for ab work. This guy is not only an elite level lifter, but also a borderline genius.
"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:39 am

Skinsfan28 wrote:The pause at the top is a secret Russian technique for strengthening the elbows, I believe it's called the Bolshevik lockout.

~Now, that's funny~ :thumbs-up: Bolshevik lockout!

xJOHNx

Postby xJOHNx » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 am

Rolling a barbell with so much weight, makes certain parts of me shiver. :mozilla_surprised:

Actually alot of people who go to the gym the first time, are quite underdeveloped on one side as oppossed to the other side. Lots of patients I see daily, too.

edit: You should coin that term. Alot of money to be made!

MURDR

Postby MURDR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 am

Agreed he's an idiot, but he must be doing something right, as that weight was nothing to him...

chezza

Postby chezza » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:59 am

MURDR wrote:Agreed he's an idiot, but he must be doing something right, as that weight was nothing to him...

It was somewhat incredible that he was tossing around 3 plates - but he actually looked like he struggled to bench it!! made no sense at all :mozilla_tongue:
Hard work is free. I don't know your goals but if you bust your ass you will get whatever results you want.
- SDMF

Return to “Strength and Conditioning”