WORKOUT OF THE WEEK ARCHIVE

Ask strength and conditioning questions or share your knowledge.
Capt. HiLiner

Re: WORKOUT OF THE WEEK ARCHIVE

Postby Capt. HiLiner » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:41 pm

THE LOBSTER RUN by Capt. Hi liner

I made this workout to help conditionin prior to lobster season, it is modeled after the work done on a local lobster boat. This will prove very useful for learning to carefully control movement under fatigue.

Place a sandbag on the ground near a pile of about 20 rocks which should range from 1 to 5lbs each. Mark a line here as a "start" line, mark a line 5 feet from the start line,another at 6 feet, 7 feet.... right up to 15 feet. I know thats alot of work but it's worth it!

Clean the sandbag, run with it to the 15' line and back again, throw the bag down in front of you, run to the 15' line and back again. Now with the rocks beside you, pick them up one at a time and GENTLY place them on the ground on the other side of you about 2' away. This is one rep, next rep only go to the 14' line and work your way down to the 5'. Target time starting out should be 30 seconds each rep, 22 reps is a set, if you have time left at the end of your rep squeeze a grip strengthener or some rice or something until the time starts over. If at the end of every rep you have time left over then reduce your target time. How many sets you do is up to you. Sand bag should not weigh less than 65 pounds. If possible this should be done on soft sand or mud... something that will create resistance when running. Want more upper body work? Press the bag over head and run with it like that.

Each rep represents (most of) the work done with each lobster trap. Wooden traps can weigh 130+ pounds when they are wet and waterlogged, each boat (in my area) hauls 250-600 pots a day.

Jackri

Postby Jackri » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:37 am

Thank u for the great information about the weekly workout and its archive,Weekly workout program is better and with this we can manage our body fitness and health.

SteveTaylor

Postby SteveTaylor » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:59 am

Hell

I tried this once and failed it due to getting a migraine, I intend doing it again this or next week.

Equipment

Barbell or dumbbells with weight that you can do 20 thrusters with.

Routine

Time cap - 30 minutes

Objective

Perform 100 thrusters for time.
Every minute on the minute drop and perform 5 burpees.
Training priority for combat sport is SKILL, CONDITIONING, STRENGTH.
I swear I will smash your face in with a brick if you keep arguing!

log
SCA intro

Return to “Strength and Conditioning”